Friday, December 7, 2012

Pet insurance for pre-existing condition?

Q. Does it exist?
Another question, would a pet insurance company cover our cat that has Feline AIDs?

A. Sometimes the pet insurance companies have policies with a lot of fine print. You won't know until it is too late.

I have been faced with big bills at the veterinarian.

My vet gave me VERY good advice on whether or not to buy pet insurance for my cat. He told me that when I get my kitten, I need to open a savings account just for my cat and put in a bit of money every month, like $15 or whatever you can afford.

Eventually, something comes up, and you have that bank account to turn to in a cat emergency.

If your cat lives to an old age and you still have the money, take a nice vacation. You won't get that from pet insurance.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment