Monday, January 7, 2013

Can you give a dog the antibiotic Minocycline for ear infections?

Q. I realize it is a drug mainly used for acne on humans, but I have also heard that it can treat ear infections in dogs. If anybody knows if this is accurate please let me know. Thanks!

A. I would ask my vet this question. One of the things you don't know is the correct dosage, or duration of dosage for the weight of your dog. It's used for a lot of different things, but only a vet can safely prescribe the amount needed. Check the official site below (scroll down to "Indications and Usage for Minocycline").

Misuse of antibiotics is one of the major reasons for the appearance and prevalence of MRSA. I now have 3 family members who suffer with this. Please consult with your vet. I have successfully used Prednisone to treat a spinal injury on one of my dogs, but I did it with my vet's dosage recommendation and supervision.

My Dogs Ears are clogged with antibiotics?
Q. My Labordor retrever has always had bad ears but latley its been worse. A week ago we put antibiotic the vet gave us and it got glogged in his ear canal. When we rub his ears u can ea the fluid in their and it makes a woosh woosh sound. Can anyone help me were trying to avoid going to the vets becasue it is so expensive.

A. keep massaging the ear. you should be able to receive a followup visit since the vet just saw him a week ago.. there shouldn't be an expensive charge for a recheck

Is there any over the counter antibiotic that I can use to get rid of my dogs yeast infection in his ears?
Q. I can't afford a vet right now .

A. don't know about the antibiotic's but if you keep the ears dry and apply some Camphor oil 1 or 2 times daily it works on rabbits, why not canines?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment